Why quality Hearing Aids are worth paying for
- You’re paying for the whole service, not just the device: Not only are you getting a pair of hearing aids, you’re also paying for a qualified Audiologist to make sure you’re fitted for the hearing aids that will best suit your lifestyle.
- Improving Hearing Aid technology costs money: Scientific research is being conducted by leading engineers to make hearing aids better. This research costs money – Governments offset some of the cost of research but a lot of if it must come from the consumer.
- Supply and Demand: The market for hearing aids isn’t terribly large, so each consumer pays a higher proportion of the cost of research and maintenance. If everyone had hearing aids, just like mobile phones or computers, the cost to each consumer would decrease.
Cheaper is not always better
When it comes to long-term investments, you need to make well informed choices about your purchases, especially when your health and quality of life are concerned. You may be tempted to purchase hearing aids over the internet. Before you do, please consider the following:
- Purchasing hearing aids online means you risk buying a product that won’t work properly. Buying a hearing aid that doesn’t work properly is the same as throwing your money away. Would you buy a car without having given it a test drive?
- A hearing aid must be fitted by a qualified Audiologist. You could buy the right hearing aid online but if you don’t have a consultation with an expert, you won’t get the most out of your hearing aid.
- If you buy a hearing aid overseas, we might not be able to fix or adjust your hearing aid. Some brands of hearing aids may have parts or technology that is not available in India. Once it breaks, we might not be able to help you.
Now you can see why it is important to have a qualified Audiologist test and fit your hearing aids for you. This will cost less in the long run, and provide peace of mind, knowing that your hearing aids will work properly from Day One.
Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you!